Sunday, May 15, 2011

Inspiration: Cooking with kids!

My kids often pick cooking or baking as one of their activities. This sometimes ties into the meal they chose and sometime it's just a fun thing to do.  Here what we did last Friday:

My oldest son got this kids cookbook for Christmas. It has great recipes geared towards small children helping in the kitchen.  My oldest child, Maddox, chose to make Banana Bites and my middle child, Carter picked Baked Apples.  In the excitement of making everything, I didn't get pictures of the Banana Bites, only the Baked Apples. I'll post pics of the Banana Bites next time we make them.

Before

After

Carter got so excited when they were done, I didn't think to take a picture until after he had eaten one already! For smaller kids, cut them up and serve with vanilla yogurt! Or if you make them for dessert, serving them with ice cream or Dulce de Leche is awesome. A hit with kids and adults!

Don't forget to sign up as a follower of Fun Friday Revolution! It's easy, just click the button on the right and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment